The World Health Organisation (WHO) has labelled COVID-19 a pandemic which may bring into effect some council/organisational policies which prohibit travel and attendance at our courses. We will as usual take preventive measures at our events to provide, as best we can, for the health and safety of our delegates.
Our usual cancellation policy applies. If we need to cancel any event for any reason, you will receive a full refund if you are unable to attend the rescheduled event. You will receive a full refund if you need to cancel up to 14 days prior to the event and while a refund doesn't apply within 14 days, you will be able to apply the registration fee to any other course or conference at any time over the next 12 months. See further Terms & Conditions below.
IPWEAQ is committed to working with our delegates, exhibitors and sponsors throughout these challenging times and will comply with the Queensland Government Mandate effective 17 December 2021. All current IPWEAQ and Queensland Water Directorate (qldwater) staff are double vaccinated. All delegates attending IPWEAQ conferences and courses prior to 14 April 2022 must be double vaccinated or have a medical exemption. The Queensland Government App will be checked for confirmation of vaccination status upon arrival at each venue. Delegates who are not vaccinated will not be able to attend.
Further information is available on the Queensland Health website.
IPWEAQ Paper Submissions
1. Abstracts are not automatically accepted. Your submission will be considered on its own merits but also with regard to other abstracts and the developing conference program. We will advise you of the outcome within three months of the close for the Call for Papers.
2. If your paper is accepted, you will need to register to attend the conference and a 20% speaker discount will be offered. It is not possible for you to attend solely to present your paper as it is of value to our delegates to be able to discuss your presentation with you throughout the event.
3. We will advise you of a date and time for your presentation however changes often occur after the program has been finalised and published. We will inform you promptly should this occur.
4. A PowerPoint presentation must be received at least one week prior to the conference.
5. You are required to prepare and submit a written document, a ‘Paper’, to accompany your presentation. Presentations that are not accompanied by a Paper are ineligible for the Geoff Wilmoth Best Paper award.
6. The content of your presentation must be non-commercial ie a sales pitch will not be accepted.
7. Your Paper, PPT presentation and any recordings (audio and/or video) of your presentation as delivered at the conference will be published in IPWEAQ’s globally-recognised Knowledge Centre. Your consent is implied by accepting this invitation to submit an abstract.
IPWEAQ Private Workshops:
1. A signed quote along with a 20% deposit is required to confirm the booking
2. The balance is due two (2) weeks prior to course commencement
3. Final delegate numbers and details are required no later than 3 days prior to the event date
4. For cancellations made within 24 hours of registration, a $25 plus GST administration fee will apply.
5. For cancellations made in writing at least seven days prior to the commencement of the event, an $80 plus GST administration fee will apply.
6. For cancellations within seven days of the commencement of the event, no refund will apply.
7. In the event of non-attendance, no refund will apply.
8. If an IPWEAQ event is cancelled for whatever reason, IPWEAQ will advise delegates within 72 hours of the course commencement and a full refund will be issued. If the event is able to be rescheduled, delegates will be informed of the new date. If delegates are unable to attend on the rescheduled date, a full refund will be issued. Alternatively, a delegate may request the event registration fee be applied to another IPWEAQ event(s).
9. All quoted amounts are EX GST
Public Works Professionals - Room Hire Bookings
As IPWEAQ's room hire facilities in Eagle Farm (Public Works Professionals) may be considered a 'function centre' and in any event, for the safety of our room hire customers, we commit to ensuring that only those who are double-vaccinated against COVID19 are able to enter our facilities. Our staff have all been double-vaccinated.
Our usual cancellation policy applies if we need to cancel any booking for any reason.
If you need to cancel any room hire booking within 7 days of your booking, there is no refund of any deposits paid.